By ICN GroupPetro Chemical, November 28, 2017

Pertamina-Rosneft set up JV to develop refinery and petrochemical complex

The new complex, with a planned refining capacity of 15 mmpta, will come up in Tuban in East Java, Indonesia, at an investment of US$ 15 billion

Pertamina, Indonesia’s state-owned energy company and Russia’s Rosneft Oil have established a JV for the development of refinery and petrochemical complex that will come up Tuban in East Java in Indonesia. The Joint Venture Company, PT Pertamina Rosneft Pengolahan dan Petrokimia (Indonesia), will invest US$ 15 billion in the new refinery and petrochemical complex.  

Pertamina, with 55% share of the company, will have a majority stake with the remaining 45% with Rosneft. The new plant will have a production capacity of 300,000 barrels per day.

The planned refining capacity is 15 mmpta (300 kbpd) and the targeted capacity of the petrochemical complex is over 1 mmtpa of ethylene and 1.3 mmtpa of aromatics. The feedstock for the plant will be medium and heavy sulfur crude oil grades. The crude oil terminal will be able to accommodate VLCCs of up to 300 thousand tonnes.

The two parties have also confirmed possibility of arranging project financing after bankability study performed with the international financial institutions.

OTHER Petro Chemical

View All

Indorama Ventures to acquire M&G PET plant in Brazil

Acquisition to significantly advance Indorama’s strategy in its necessities business

Brenntag acquires India’s Raj Petro Specialities

Brenntag and Raj Petro have entered into a 65:35 JV with the remaining 35% in Raj Petro to be acquired after 5 years during which the company will be run as a JV, with a possible extension of another one to two years

India targets 10% import reduction in Biofuels by 2022

Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas organises consultative workshop on new National Policy on Biofuels and Pradhan Mantri Ji- Van Yojana

Most Viewed Stories