Coal India, BHEL form JV for coal-to-chemical business
General

Coal India, BHEL form JV for coal-to-chemical business

In February, Coal India formed a joint venture with Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to develop a coal-to-chemicals company

  • By ICN Bureau | May 30, 2024

Coal India Ltd. (CIL) has announced the formation of a subsidiary company, Bharat Coal Gasification and Chemicals Ltd (BCGCL), to pursue a coal-to-chemicals operation. CIL owns 51% of the new firm, with BHEL owning the remaining 49%.

In February, Coal India formed a joint venture with Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to develop a coal-to-chemicals company.

According to the stock exchange filing, NITI Aayog and the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) have approved the formation of the joint venture business between BHEL and CIL.

Bharat Coal Gasification & Chemicals Ltd was formed to convert coal into chemicals, producing ammonia and nitric acid as intermediates and ammonium nitrate as the end product, according to the petition.

Register Now to Attend NextGen Chemicals & Petrochemicals Summit 2024, 11-12 July 2024, Mumbai

Other Related stories

Startups

Chemical

Petrochemical

Energy

Digitization